What happens at lunch when I’m the only one in the office on a Friday. #happylist
Dude is breaking it down on Cambridge St. #happylist (Taken with Instagram)
Esplanade. #happylist (Taken with Instagram)
Just me and my coffee this morning.
Good weekends are made of:
- impromptu visits from the west coast
- friends that make life easy
- top-down convertible rides through NH
- sweet tea vodka and PBR
- fireworks just for us
- latenight paddleboating
- turning my cellphone off
- sunday night movies
- taking steps towards change
Grouchy mood. But there are so many good things!
- My brother. Great sibling, great friend, great host. So good to see him, and I love that I never have to worry about taking him anywhere. He just is.
- San Francisco!
- Hilly, sunny parks, where you can see the city skyline, watch puppies, eat ice cream and peoplewatch for hours. (Dolores Park, I’m talking about you!)
- Trips composed entirely of talking, walking, eating, and drinking.
- Roommates. I’ve lived with almost 30 people in the last 8 years, and so I call a lot of people “roommate”—it can get confusing, but once you’ve lived with someone, the relationship’s just different—usually in a good way.
- Friends that live all over the place but somehow are still on the same mental page.
- Leopard print.
- Clothing and jewelry that used to belong to my late grandmother. My mom sent me things from her estate, on the condition that I wear and enjoy them, not pack them away. They still have a little bit of her perfume on them, and I’m so looking forward to giving them a second life—she’d love knowing I was taking her treasures on new adventures.
- As much as my job drives me insane, I love so many of the relationships, personal and professional, that I’ve forged with my coworkers.
- Ice cream dates with Jodi as a tool for procrastination.
- Plotting and planning summer weekends here and away. If I don’t have kids or a mortgage or a pet or debt, I may as well blow the money I’m saving on plane tickets…right?
- Amazing dirty hair days.
- Phone conversations with my grandmother where she can actually hear me.
- Making my mom laugh.
- Long weekends.
that I was incredibly frustrated with my office and needed a reminder of a reason why I don’t just flee.
One of my favorite co-workers shared a story about an amazing donor, leaving me in tears and a different mental place entirely. I may have my serious issues with my job, but at least I can leave every day knowing that we help good people doing great things.
- lunchtime book club with people who really love books
- peppermint patties
- two killer Spotify playlists to get me through the day
- planning promotion celebrations tomorrow and Friday!
- a manicure from last Thursday that’s somehow still fresh and bright
- colorful file folders